The Industry 4.0 Maturity Model
There are major challenges facing today’s industrial market. It can no longer scale manufacturing operations using the same methods by adding more workforce, more shifts, expanding factory floors or dropping prices. Why? Because of global competition, lack of energy, insufficient labor pool, a convoluted supply chain and global sourcing environment, as well as high amounts of customization put pressure on tooling and reconfiguration. Furthermore, batch runs are getting smaller, thereby manufacturers are getting less lift out of every order. There are dire consequences if the same traditional methods are used: companywide layoffs across all levels as well as lack of innovation and relevancy. Furthermore, new manufacturing opportunities will be available to small-to-medium shops, which will be able to compete for more complex manufacturing jobs. To overcome these challenges, manufacturers need to first understand the technologies, invest in them as a key transformation agent and then digitize their operations to become more efficient and remain competitive 10-15 years from now.
ABI Research’s Industrial Solution encompasses 18 modules that are composed of the most compelling transformative technologies. Our solution’s main goal is to help companies digitize their operations, thus enabling them to become profitable by creating better quality products at lower costs, resulting in better margins and better competitive positioning.
All the modules will be released during the next 18 months from January 2019 to June 2020, and each one will include four main Research Deliverables that are released methodically, providing quantitative and qualitative reports so manufacturers have a clear strategic direction.
18 modules composed of the most compelling transformative technologies include:
- 5G in Industrial Applications
- Additive Manufacturing in Industrial Applications
- Artificial Intelligence in Industrial Applications
- Augmented Reality in Industrial Applications
- Autonomous Material Handling Robots in Industrial Applications
- Blockchain in Industrial Applications
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Industrial Applications
- Cobots and Collaborative Robotics in Industrial Applications
- Data Management in Industrial Applications
- Generative Design in Industrial Applications
- Industrial IoT
- Location and Asset Management in Industrial Applications
- LPWA, NB-IoT, SigFox and LoRa in Industrial Applications
- Machine Vision in Industrial Applications
- Next Generation Metrology and Inspection in Industrial Applications
- Smart Manufacturing Platforms
- The future of Reductive Manufacturing and Casting
- Virtualization, Vizualization and Simulation in Industrial Applications