Dominique Bonte, Managing Director and Vice President, leads ABI Research's end markets research team, which covers intelligent transportation, automotive, smart mobility, smart home, smart healthcare, industrial internet, enterprise, smart cities and retail. Personal focus areas include smart cities, Mobility as a Service, autonomous vehicles, connected cars, use of blockchain, cybersecurity and AI in automotive, in-vehicle infotainment, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) and cooperative systems, usage-based insurance, and commercial telematics.
Dominique’s background comprises a wealth of telco and mobile device applications experience. He previously worked for Orange and BT in Belgium and held a variety of positions at consumer/industrial technology companies, assuming roles in product management and market research and intelligence. He later started his own company in software consulting for mobile devices, where he acquired extensive experience in mobile satellite navigation software.
Dominique holds an MS in Electronics Engineering from the University of Leuven and earned several marketing and business degrees.
Blogs by Dominique Bonte
- HERE to launch crowdsourced, real-time Vehicle Sensor Data Services in H1 2017
- Daimler, Audi, and BMW buying HERE
- Google Rumored to Launch Car Sharing Service, while Uber Partners with Carnegie Mellon on Autonomous Driving
- Ford’s SYNC 3: A Performance “Upgrade”
- Android Auto Has Arrived
- Apple’s CarPlay is born, but what about Google, the OAA and Samsung?
- NHTSA Speaks Up about a V2V Mandate but Remains Silent on Timing
- Full Electric Vehicles Facing Uphill Battle? Tesla’s Musk Won’t Have Any of It!
- Apple’s iTunes Radio and iOS in the Car
- Apple Getting Serious about Location and Automotive
- GM to Showcase Verizon 4G LTE Cloud Technology at CES 2012
- TomTom’s Q2 2011 Results: Where is TomTom’s Mobile Strategy?
- Microsoft and Toyota Bringing the Cloud to the Car
- Online Mapping and Offboard Navigation going Offline and Onboard
- Apple’s iOS 4.2 Brings Free Lost Device Location Tracking to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- INRIX launches XD Traffic: Should TomTom, NAVTEQ, or MILE Traffic and Travel be Worried?
- TomTom Expands Fleet Offer with ecoPLUS and Pro Series Navigation Devices
- Garmin’s Forerunner 110 Fitness Watch Features CSR’s latest SiRFstarIV GPS Chipset
- Apple’s iPad and LBS?
- Ford and Kia to Steal Consumer Telematics Headlines at CES 2010
- Outdoor & Fitness Segment Only Bright Spot in Garmins Q3 Results
- TomToms Q3 Results: Focus on Profitability and Non-PND Activities
- Microsoft Pulls the Plug on MSN Direct on January 1st 2012
- Google Maps for Mobile Gets Layers and its own Maps, Turn-by-turn Voice Navigation Next?
Dominique Bonte in the News
- Despite slow adoption, EVs starting to make its mark
- The softer side of smart cities
- CNN Tech: How office buildings are reducing their carbon footprint
- Imagination Improves Virtualized GPU Core to Support Multiple Screens
- Smart city tech to drive trillions in economic growth
- ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF A SMART CITY
- Smart city IoT revenue to explode from $25B to $62B in 2026
- CES 2018 What Are Smart Cities (And Why Should We Care)?
- Smart Cities: The Good & The Bad
- Smart cities could lead to cost savings of $5 trillion - report suggests
- Ericsson makes major autonomous driving move with Zenuity partnership
- TomTom High Definition Map for Autonomous Driving Now Covers Western Europe
- Legislation is Needed For Smart Cities, say 90% of US Companies
- Riding Mobileye Coattails, MIPS Juices CPU IP
- Hyundai Faces Rocky Road After Latest Recall
- V2X Pits Safety v. Spectrum
- Autonomous Revolution, HMI Evolution: ‘Drastic’ Changes Demand Respect
- Dell Accelerates IoT Adoption with New Edge Gateway for Small Spaces
- Connected Driving Platform Tests Over the Air Approach
- Autonomous Carsharing: Your Robot is Now Arriving
- Smart Wristband Tracks Vital Signs to Keep Truckers Moving
- Futurismo: An Automotive News Podcast
- Augmented Reality May Help Drivers One Day Give Up the Wheel
- Augmented Reality Will Redefine Motoring but ABI Warns of Driver Overload
- Overblown Wireless Costs?
- Old-School Carmakers See Future in Sharing, Not Owning
- Why 5G Leads Format War Over Which Tech Will Control Autonomous Cars
- Driverless Car Forecast Calls for 3 Million 5G Subscriptions by 2025
- A Testing Time for Honda's Autonomous Cars
- News in Brief
- NXP Unveils Open, Modular ADAS Car Platform
- eCall May be Late to the Connected Car Party
- Jeep News and Jeep Rumors
- The Road to Self-Driving Cars Winds Through Here
- Highly Detailed Maps Are Designed to Guide Driverless Cars
- Nvidia Puts the Focus on Self-Driving Cars at GTC
- Tesla's Going to Leapfrog Rivals with Model 3 Autopilot
- 12 In-Car Devices to Watch Drivers
- 400 million people to rely on robotic car sharing by 2030, Analysis Shows
- Auto Giants Co-Opt Disrupters as Industry Transforms
- Will Robotic Car Sharing Become the Ultimate Driving Method?
- Secure Microcontrollers from STMicroelectronics Bring Advanced Cyber Safety to Connected Cars
- The Auto Industry Branches Out Into New Realms of Connectivity
- Focus on Fleets, Apps, and More
- TU-Automotive Awards 2016 Judges Announced
- Fleet Management in the Modern Age
- Day Two of TU-Automotive Europe 2015
- Samsung Eyes Auto Technology
- Better Late Than Never? Samsung IT Arms Push Into Autos
- Connected Cars "Will Rely on 3G for Now," New Research Claims
Vice President, Verticals/End Markets
- Dominique Bonte - @ABI_Bonte
Autonomous Vehicles, Smart Mobility, Driverless Cars, In-Vehicle Infotainment, Navigation, Fleet Management, Asset Tracking, Usage-Based Car Insurance, Connected Cars, Telematics, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, Ridesharing, Smart Cities