Eric Abbruzzese is a Senior Analyst contributing to the Video, OTT, and AR/VR at ABI Research, with a primary focus on Augmented and Virtual Reality topics including devices, content, platforms, and use cases across consumer and enterprise applications. Other coverage includes video content and platforms, gaming, and new technologies.
Past Experience, Membership, Accolades and Media
Before joining ABI Research, Eric was a researcher for 3 years in Psychology and Computer Science labs at Arizona State University, including Cognitive and Social Psychology, as well as Human-Computer Interaction in the school of Computer Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering. Eric was also a member of the STARS Computing Corps, focused on solving real-world problems using robotics and the Internet of Things.
Eric received a BS in Psychology from Arizona State University, where he was a student in Barrett Honors College.
Blogs by Eric Abbruzzese
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Promise a Market Revolution, but Not without a 5G Backbone
- Fully Capturing VOD Opportunity Requires the Cloud
- AMD Claims 83% Market Share for VR, but is this Accurate?
- Samsung's Gear VR Consumer Edition Kicks Off Mobile VR
- The Current TV Market, and What to Expect at SCTE 2015
- Augmented World Expo, E3, and the Future of Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Fast Lanes are Dead: Long Live the Fast Lanes
Eric Abbruzzese in the News
- Standalone VR to Drive Market Growth Through 2021
- Smartglasses Get a Second Look from Warehouses
- Analyst: Best Buy Oculus Demo Shutdown ‘Doesn’t Bode Well’
- Total VR Device Shipments Will Reach 110 Million by 2021: Report
- Customer Awareness Boosts Augmented Reality Market Growth
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Target the Manufacturing Floor
- Nikon Gets in on the Action
- Pikachu Power: Can It Transform the Energy Industry?
- Operators Look for Acquisitions to Drive OTT Growth: ABI Research
- Augmented Reality Not Just for Gaming
- Intel's Project Alloy Tosses Reality Into a Blender
- Someone is Going to Get Rich Selling Cameras for Virtual Reality. But Who?
- The Next Technology Wave for Business May be Virtual Reality
- A Virtual Reality Free for All
- Actual Reality
- How More Meaningful Metadata Improves Content Marketing and Monetization
- HTC Vive Pre Brings Front-Facing Camera to Dev Kit, Taking Steps Toward Mixed Reality
- Virtual Reality in 2016: The 10 Biggest Trends to Watch
- HTC Vive Slips to April, and Here's How It Compares to Release Dates for Rfit, Playstation VR, and Hololens
- Market for Virtualized Video Encoders Capitalizes on IPTV, Cloud Growth
- Virtualisation Hits the Video Market
- Mobile VR Headsets to Dominate Market, as Consumer Smart Glasses Struggle
- Why Pay TV Operators Are Accelerating OTT Investments Including Pay TV Lite
- Productores de contenido 4K preocupados por mayor protección
- Analyst: Hardware-based 4K content protection ‘growing concern'
- Virtual reality goggles are key to Chinese tycoon ambitious vision
- Can Xbox Help to Boost Microsoft's Business?
- ABI Research to MVPDs: Come with OTT if you want to live
- Pay TV operators "must embrace OTT video, update set-top boxes"
- Pay-TV Providers Need To Embrace OTT Technology
- 5 predictions for Facebook's F8 developer conference
- ABI Research: Mobile Market Is Key Focus for Advertising
- The pros and cons of low-cost virtual reality headsets
- Virtual reality is taking giant leaps
- VR Devices To Explode In The Next Five Years
- Mobile Gaming Gets Real
- ABI: Net Neutrality - a Risk for Telecom Vendors - Mainly in Fixed Networks