Ryan Martin, Principal Analyst at ABI Research, covers new and emerging transformative technologies, including augmented reality (AR), analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT). He currently leads the firm’s Smart Manufacturing and Enterprise IoT research.
Prior to joining ABI Research, Ryan spent the past several years working at technology market research firms, including Yankee Group and, most recently, 451 Research. Before his time as a market research analyst, Ryan served as a consultant at Mobile Future Institute, a U.S.-based think tank focused on business strategies and marketing tactics for the mobile ecosystem. Additionally, he held advisory, consultative, and managerial positions at a number of early- to late-stage startups.
Ryan is frequently quoted and published in a variety of industry and business media, including BBC, CIO, ComputerWorld, CyberTrend, E-Commerce Times, FastCompany, International Business Times, LA Times, PCWorld, TechNewsWorld, TechRepublic, Time Magazine, VentureBeat, Forbes and WIRED. He is also a regular speaker at client and industry events, and a judge for major awards programs such as the CES Innovation Awards and the GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards.
Ryan holds degrees in economics and political science, with an additional concentration in global studies, from the University of Vermont and an M.B.A. from the University of New Hampshire.
Blogs by Ryan Martin
Ryan Martin in the News
- AM, Spare Parts, and the Rise of the Micro Factory
- Enterprise Mobility Exchange: Data Analytics: A Key Component Of Digital Transformation
- CloudComputing: How hybrid industrial cloud computing is gaining momentum
- Royole’s Ultra-Thin Flexible Display Shows Promise for Foldable Smartphones of the Future
- Business Insider: This Stanford grad's startup can make screens that are thinner than a sheet of copy paper — and he's gearing up to take on Samsung and LG in the display market
- TechTarget: Industrial cloud moving from public to hybrid systems
- Advanced Manufacturing: Hybrid Industrial Cloud Adoption by Manufacturers to Double by 2023
- Fedtech Magazine: Army Corps of Engineers, DISA Save on Manpower and Time with Mobility
- Wearables Create Additional Security Risks for Enterprises
- New Tech, New Threat: Wearables Pose Security Challenges
- Global building automation moves toward more integration, intelligence
- MobileIron, Zimperium Team Up For Machine-Learning Mobile Security
- 5 Hidden Cloud Opportunities For Small And Midsize Businesses In 2017
- IIoT Deployments to Double: Manufacturers Reinvent Themselves with New Technologies
- BYOD Or COPE? Still No ‘Silver Bullet’ For Enterprise Mobility
- Connected tech adoption in manufacturing set to double
- News You Can Use: Email Is Still King
- Are US Companies Adopting IIoT en Masse?
- Hillcrest Launches High Performance AHRS/IMU Module
- Mobile Security A Moving Target In Financial Services
- Energy Savings a Hallmark of Smart Office
- AI, Machine Learning: Enterprise Mobility's Future
- Cognitive Computing Explained
- Did You Hear That? Robots Are Learning the Subtle Sounds of Mechanical Breakdowns
- Smart DCIM Improves Data Centers
- IoT Evolution — Day Two
- How's Your Cloud ROI?
- Data Storage Management
- 8 Tips for Building a Cost-Effective IoT Sensor Network
- Imminent IoT Eye-Tracking Technologies to Transform the Connected World
- Information Management: Wearables Come in for a Refit
- Analytics as a Service
- Bluetooth 5 Wireless Standard Gets Industry Blessing, Promising 4x the Range and 2x the Speed
- Bluetooth 5 Signals Second-Generation Beacons
- ‘Exponential’ Growth Hitting AR, VR Market With $547B Value By 2024
- Wearable Technology Migrates to the Rest of the Ensemble
- From Insight to Action
- Why Fitness Trackers Aren't Making Us Healthier?
- The Future Is Now: Mixed Reality Market Value To Hit $6.8B
- More Wearables For Industrial Apps
- 35 Million Wearables Projected To Ship To Businesses
- Two Examples of How Enterprise Wearables are Starting to Make Their Mark
- Software-Defined Infrastructure
- VMWare Partners With APX Labs to Support Workplace Wearables
- Why Spotify Buying SoundCloud Makes Music Sense
- 4 Ways to Simplify the Move to Cloud-Based Services
- Do Wearables Fit in Your Enterprise?
- Could Apple Tap into the Enterprise Wearable Ring Scanner Market?
- Write Once, Run Anywhere
- Is The iPhone 7 An Enterprise Game Changer?
- Ryan Martin - @RyanMartinIoT
Enterprise Digitization, Workplace Automation Services, Smart Manufacturing