As a Principal Analyst at ABI Research, Pierce Owen is responsible for research and analysis surrounding smart manufacturing. His research focus includes IT/OT convergence, digital twins, and additive manufacturing.
Pierce has vast experience in forecasting the growth of Internet of Things (IoT) applications and has published many reports analyzing best practices, trends, drivers, and barriers to IoT applications.
Pierce has an international education; he received his Master’s in Management from ESCP Europe in Paris, France and a Master’s of International Business and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina in the USA.
Blogs by Pierce Owen
Pierce Owen in the News
- Smart Manufacturing’s Balancing Act Between Edge and Cloud Computing
- Balancing Edge and Cloud Computing Will Unlock the Potential of Digital Factories
- Engineering.com: Smart Manufacturing Platforms: PTC, GE and ABB Top Ranked, But Where is Dassault?
- Growing Data Demand to Drive Digital Factory Market to US$111 billion in 2026
- Communications of the ACM: Bespoke Additive Manufacturing
- Health Leaders: 3 QUESTIONS YOU MUST ASK BEFORE INVESTING IN AI
- Home Healthcare News: Explosion in Artificial Intelligence Coming for Home Care and Hospitals
- Huawei Wireless X Labs, Beckhoff Demonstrate 5G Technology For PLCs
- Industrial IoT platforms: Technology integration challenges
- Vodafone to enter drone tracking business as part of IoT strategy