Phil Sealy, Principal Analyst at ABI Research, conducts research focusing primarily on smart card and embedded digital security technologies and applications. He reports on new and emerging sectors, products groups, and technologies across the payments, government, SIM, ticketing and IoT end markets.
Regarding digital security, Phil focuses on end-to-end security research from the silicon, to cyber-based applications. He analyzes technology trends, as well as industry-specific implementations.
Prior to joining ABI Research, Phil was, over the course of at least four years, both Design and Projects Supervisor and Research and Development Assistant for Ultima Displays in the U.K., where he balanced a wide range of activities from R&D through project management to design.
Phil is a graduate of Northampton University with a degree (BSc honors) in product design.
Blogs by Phil Sealy
- 2014 Smart Card Market Roundup
- My Contactless Experience Thus Far
- Sole Branded Citigroup Cards Coming To China
- The Contactless Fear Factor
- The Durbin Effect - Contactless Payment Cards In The US
- Is Trying to Find That “Killer App” Slowing NFC Enablement?
- Could NFC Offer More Than Just "Tap And Go" Applications?
- Contactless Adoption In The UK Progressing Well
- The US and EMV
- Smart and EMV Payment Card Market
- At What Stage Is The Indian UID Project?
Phil Sealy in the News
- There Are Plenty of RFID-Blocking Products, But Do You Need Them?
- This Is What Will Make You Want To Shop At Amazon Go No-Checkout Stores
- With iOS 11, Apple Finally Goes All-In on Near Field Communication — and This Startup is Ready
- 2017 Payment Processing Trends
- Australian Banks Challenge Apple's Closed NFC
- Carmakers Showing Love to Payments, but How Far Can Trend Go?
- Infographic: Contactless Cards Set to Flood US
- Contactless Payments Set To Explode In US
- Lessons From Europe on Using Contactless Cards
- How Is EMV Transition Going?
- Solving the IoT Security Problem Spells Big Opportunity for VSPs
- ABI Research Predicts 2016 to Mark Government ID Market’s First Year of Double-Digit Growth Since 2013
- As IoT Use Cases Increase, Security Becomes More Pressing
- Government ID, payment, SIM apps account for 87% of all smart card shipments
- Government ID, payment and SIM applications account for 87% of all smart card shipments, says ABI Research
- Converged cards on track for major growth
- Future U.S. EMV Card Shipments Could Garner A Larger Share: Report
- Gemalto named market leader in Government and Healthcare by ABI research
- ABI Research’s "Government & Healthcare ID: Smart Card and Legacy Credentials" competitive assessment ranks top three positions
- SMARTRAC confirmed as market leader in government ID business
- Mobile to make up nearly half of all point-of-sale terminals in five years – study
- Square rides a wave of uncertainty
- ROAM tops ABI Research's mPOS rankings
- ABI examines secure ID standards
- ABI: Disminución en las ventas de tarjetas inteligentes en sectores salud y gobierno
- ABI predicts market rebound in 2014
- ABI: Drop in government, health care smart card shipments
- New ABI report looks to CIPURSE non-transit applications
- ABI Research: 2012 smart card shipments reached 7.95B
- International Payment Networks Facing Emerging Threat from Domestic Competition and m-POS
- NXP progresses with eKTP project
- NXP security technology at core of one of world’s biggest eID programs
- Dual interface smart cards exceed 100 cr in 2015
- ABI: Dual-interface cards on the rise
- ABI: 2.1 billion contactless credentials to ship into transportation and ticketing market in 2018
- NXP Pips Infineon To First Position Within ABI Research’s Government, Healthcare & Citizen ID IC Competitive Assessment With Gemalto
- ABI raises NFC handset forecast
- About 1.95 billion NFC enabled devices will be shipped by 2017: report
- NFC will Come Out of the Trial Phase in 2013 as 285 Million Enabled Devices are Expected to be Shipped, Says ABI Research
- eID drives shipment of government smart cards
- Contactless Technology Drives ID Smart Card Revenue to $7.6 Billion in 2017
- Brazil leads S. America with high-tech ID
- Pagamento móvel via NFC movimentará US$ 100 bilhões em 2016
- NFC mobile payment spend to hit $100 billion in 2016
- National ID cards to surpass 765 million units by 2017, ABI says
- EMV standard to drive smart payment cards shipments
- Smart Payment Cards to Ship in Excess of 2.8 Billion Units in 2017 Driven by Increasing Smart/EMV Migration in the U.S., China, and Latin America’s Region, Says ABI Research
- NXP, Infineon, Gemalto, And G&D Look Set To Prosper From Opportunities In China’s Smart Card Market
- ABI singles out leaders in contactless technology
- Smart card, secure ICs top 900 crore shipments