David McQueen, Research Director, manages ABI Research’s connected consumer devices and platforms market coverage, which includes data, trend, and forecast analyses on mobile handsets, smartphones, wearables, accessories, new mobile technologies, and semiconductors. With more than 20 years’ experience in delivering high-value, strategic analyses within mobile telcos, David is well-versed in all technical aspects of telecom technology, including networks, components, software platforms, and ecosystems.
Prior to joining ABI Research, David served as Principal Analyst at Ovum, where he was responsible for all commercial development and research coverage in the connected devices and platforms sector. Prime achievements attained in this position include playing an integral role in developing the firm’s consultancy business and leading a successful launch of new, interactive forecast tools and research streams.
David holds a MA in marketing from Kingston Business School and a BA in econometrics and mathematical economics from University of Liverpool.
David McQueen in the News
- BBC News: When can I buy a 5G phone and how much will it be?
- BBC News: Huawei's Watch GT has no time for Android's Wear OS
- Mac Mini 2018: 5 things business pros need
- MacBook Air 2018: 5 things the pros need
- Analyst unconvinced by LG premium device play
- CNBC: Apple, Samsung designers have only one way left to impress consumers: Foldable phones
- Ban could slow innovation
- CNN Tech: BlackBerry tries to stay relevant the only way it knows how: with a keyboard
- Curves, Gestures May Be in iPhone's Future
- Qualcomm advancing LTE modem technology in preparation for 5G
- Nokia revamps smartphone lineup with Nokia 8 Sirocco, hits multiple price points at Mobile World Congress
- Samsung Galaxy S9 is all about the camera
- HMD’s Nokia moves ahead with innovation and manufacturing strategies
- Qualcomm to help bring Category 20 devices to market this year
- How Payoffs to Apple Got a Chipmaker a $1.2 Billion Fine
- Qualcomm to fight EU’s $1.2B fine focused on Apple’s chips
- Next real smartphone innovation will take five to six years
- Apple tipped for post-smartphone struggles
- Apple’s ‘innovation complacency’ could see it lag Google, Amazon in post-smartphone world, study says
- Apple 'innovation complacency' could see it lag Google, Amazon in post-smartphone world
- Who Knows Me Best: Google or Facebook?
- Google Poised to Add New Pixels to Growing Ecosystem
- What does Google want with HTC's smartphone business?
- How Google-HTC Deal Will Pressure Samsung, Huawei In Android
- Google inks $1.1 billion deal with HTC, maker of Pixel smartphones
- RFFE Integrated Design Key Determinant for Next-Generation Mobile Devices
- Analyst Angle: RFFE system design is key for network efficiency and better user experience
- Blog: Are Smartphones Losing Role as Central Interface?
- Huawei Mixes Silicon Valley Drive with Chinese Socialism
- Apple May Be Getting Its Innovation Groove Back
- The Secret Shame of the Cracked iPhone
- USB-C Port, Curved Display Top Latest iPhone Rumor List
- MWC 2017: Huawei P10 Has Smarter Selfie and Rear Cameras
- iPhone at 10: The Best Is Yet to Come?
- Lenovo Surprises With Home Tech Play
- iPhone 8 Dreaming in Full Swing
- Google's Pixel Wins a Place in the Sun
- Samsung Still Doesn't Know Reasons for Note7 Smartphone Fires: Report
- Why Samsung Should Be Able to Bounce Back From Its Galaxy Note 7 Disaster
- Prepare to Be Google Pixelated
- Intel Revenue Up 3%, Profit Down 51%, IoT Adds $572 Million
- iPhone 7 Draws Tepid Notices
- Android Without Google: A Brief and Most Uninspiring History
- Refurbished Smartphone Market Offers Pros and Cons for Handset Makers
- Refurbished Handset Market Worries Smartphone Vendors
- E.U. Charges Dispute Google's Claims That Android Is Open to All
- Smartphone Shopping Is A Two-Stop Journey for Consumers
- Xiaomi Didn't Authorize Phone Sales in U.S.
- Samsung's S7 May Fall Just Shy of Innovation
- BlackBerry Pins Hopes for First Android Device Priv on Security Cachet