Dimitris Mavrakis, Research Director, manages ABI Research’s telco network coverage, including telco cloud platforms, digital transformation and mobile network infrastructure. Research topics include AI and machine learning technologies, telco software and applications, network operating systems, SDN, NFV, LTE diversity, and 5G.
Prior to joining ABI Research, Dimitris was a Principal Analyst with Ovum, covering telco network infrastructure and leading research in SDN and NFV. At Ovum, Dimitris was involved in thought leadership regarding the future of networks and led more than 50 projects on behalf of Tier One operators and vendors. Prior to Ovum, Dimitris was a Senior and Principal Analyst for Informa Telecoms & Media, after having led and performed road tests on behalf of Tier One network operators around the world.
Dimitris holds a PhD in Mobile Communications and a MSc in Satellite Communications, both from the University of Surrey.
Blogs by Dimitris Mavrakis
Dimitris Mavrakis in the News
- EE and Vodafone demo uplink sharing in 5G trials
- Qualcomm claims world’s first 5G data connection on a mobile-optimised modem chipset
- Qualcomm successfully achieves first 5G data connection
- Qualcomm 5G chip delivers gigabit speeds using 28 GHz
- Qualcomm hits gigabit speeds on 5G modem chipset amid product bonanza
- Qualcomm connects 5G Data on 5G modem chipset for mobile devices
- Let’s Talk About Securing Smart Homes
- The building blocks of gigabit LTE
- 5G and Cloud: Have Telcos Bitten Off More Than They Can Chew?
- China’s Huawei Battles to Own the Next Generation of Wireless Technology
- What WTTX Can Deliver
- Analyst Angle: Smartphone Modems are Key for LTE Network Efficiency and for Better User Experience
- Dimitris Mavrakis - @ABI_Mavrakis
Telco Cloud Platforms, Mobile Network Infrastructure, Network Operating Systems, SDN, NFV, LTE, 5G