Dimitris Mavrakis, Research Director, manages ABI Research’s telco network coverage, including telco cloud platforms, digital transformation and mobile network infrastructure. Research topics include AI and machine learning technologies, telco software and applications, network operating systems, SDN, NFV, LTE diversity, and 5G.
Prior to joining ABI Research, Dimitris was a Principal Analyst with Ovum, covering telco network infrastructure and leading research in SDN and NFV. At Ovum, Dimitris was involved in thought leadership regarding the future of networks and led more than 50 projects on behalf of Tier One operators and vendors. Prior to Ovum, Dimitris was a Senior and Principal Analyst for Informa Telecoms & Media, after having led and performed road tests on behalf of Tier One network operators around the world.
Dimitris holds a PhD in Mobile Communications and a MSc in Satellite Communications, both from the University of Surrey.
Blogs by Dimitris Mavrakis
- 5G Is Standardized. Now What?
- Where Is 5G Being Made?
- Will Telcos Move to a Network as a Service Model?
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Promise a Market Revolution, but Not without a 5G Backbone
Dimitris Mavrakis in the News
- OPINION: Is Europe’s 5G spectrum strategy falling behind?
- Wall Street Journal: Why Being First in 5G Matters
- 5 trends in satellite communications on the horizon
- Becoming an Untelco
- Analyst Angle: R&D to patents —The complex nature of 3GPP and standards
- Global Security Magazine: Face, Iris and Pulse Sensors on the Fast Track For The Next Steps Biometrics Security
- Does it matter which region wins the 5G race?
- The Wall Street Journal: China’s Huawei Is Determined to Lead the Way on 5G Despite U.S. Concerns
- Why Mobile Video is Leaving Mobile Operators out of the Picture
- Qualcomm hopes for profit lift after 5G wifi
- EE and Vodafone demo uplink sharing in 5G trials
- Qualcomm claims world’s first 5G data connection on a mobile-optimised modem chipset
- Qualcomm successfully achieves first 5G data connection
- Qualcomm 5G chip delivers gigabit speeds using 28 GHz
- Qualcomm hits gigabit speeds on 5G modem chipset amid product bonanza
- Qualcomm connects 5G Data on 5G modem chipset for mobile devices
- Let’s Talk About Securing Smart Homes
- The building blocks of gigabit LTE
- 5G and Cloud: Have Telcos Bitten Off More Than They Can Chew?
- China’s Huawei Battles to Own the Next Generation of Wireless Technology
- What WTTX Can Deliver
- Analyst Angle: Smartphone Modems are Key for LTE Network Efficiency and for Better User Experience
- Dimitris Mavrakis - @ABI_Mavrakis
Telco Cloud Platforms, Mobile Network Infrastructure, Network Operating Systems, SDN, NFV, LTE, 5G