What Visionaries Should Have Learned at CES 2018
Oyster Bay, New York - 17 Jan 2018
ABI Research, a market-foresight advisory firm providing strategic guidance on the most compelling transformative technologies, had several of our research analysts on-site at CES 2018 in Las Vegas between January 9-12, 2018. ABI Research has pulled the truly compelling technology findings at CES 2018 into brief updates — a total of 14 1-minute reads entitled, What Visionaries Should Have Learned from CES 2018. Our analysts’ perspectives help strategically guide our clients to see the bigger picture and act on it now.
If CES 2018 is anything to go by, the centers of innovation will gravitate toward the unsexy parts of the business. The supply chain, the delivery network, the workforce, the building and the workspace will be the future hot spots for innovation rather than technology driving compelling changes to the way customers consume -- with some notable exceptions such as Voice Control, AR (Augmented Reality) and VR (Virtual Reality).
From a macro perspective, there were a number noteworthy trends:
- Technology as a business accelerator now holds a more significant position in most companies plans than ever before.
- Clear top-down directives in most organizations require teams to build compelling stories around transformative technologies for their internal senior leadership.
- It is becoming very hard to separate business segments and dominant technologies. For example, IoT (Internet of Things) will rely upon AI (Artificial Intelligence) to be truly transformative.
In the report What Visionaries Should Have Learned from CES 2018, the following compelling transformative technologies are highlighted:
- AI & Machine Learning
- AR & Mixed Reality
- Intelligent Transportation & eFreight
- Location Technologies
- M2M, IoT & IoE
- Robotics, Automation & Intelligent Systems
- Smart Cities & Smart Spaces
- Smart Home
- Smart Manufacturing
- Smart Mobility
- Smart Retail
- Video, VR & OTT
- Wearables, Usables & Expendables
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Wireless Connectivity
The entire report can be accessed at www.abiresearch.com/ces-2018-pdf.
# # #
About ABI Research
ABI Research provides strategic guidance for visionaries needing market foresight on the most compelling transformative technologies, which reshape workforces, identify holes in a market, create new business models and drive new revenue streams. ABI’s own research visionaries take stances early on those technologies, publishing groundbreaking studies often years ahead of other technology advisory firms. ABI analysts deliver their conclusions and recommendations in easily and quickly absorbed formats to ensure proper context. Our analysts strategically guide visionaries to take action now and inspire their business to realize a bigger picture. For more information about ABI Research’s forecasting, consulting and teardown services, visionaries can contact us at +1.516.624.2500 in the Americas, +44.203.326.0140 in Europe, +65.6592.0290 in Asia-Pacific or visit www.abiresearch.com.
Contact ABI Research
- Americas +1.516.624.2542
- Europe +44.(0).203.326.0142
- Asia +65.6592.0290
Other Recent News
- 17 Jan 2019
- ABI Research’s New Industrial Solution Guides Manufacturers Through Digital Transformation for Long-Term Profitability
- 16 Jan 2019
- The Bright Ideas Visionaries Should Have Learned at CES 2019
- 10 Jan 2019
- Strengths and Growth Opportunities Identified for Smartphone, Generative Design and Microwave Tube Markets
- 10 Jan 2019
- The Microwave Tube Market is Still Strong at Over US$1 Billion for 2018