MWC 2018 left many of us at ABI Research deeply concerned about the future health of the mobile ecosystem and the Mobile Service Provider (MSP) community. There is a growing chasm between what MSPs should be doing versus what they are doing and can do.
Here are some noteworthy observations:
- It's about solutions not technologies: MSPs are not simplifying the decision tree for potential customers but rather complicating it and slowing down market momentum.
- Digital transformation is more than a technology drive: It’s a complete end-to-end process that touches IT, operations, human resources, management structure and corporate culture.
- MSPs can't talk vertical language: There is a fundamental disconnect between how MSPs communicate and how potential vertical market customers outline needs.
- There is no killer business model: MSPs have an unnatural ?xation with killer apps and business models; there will be no single plan for 5G.
- More partnerships needed, can’t build it alone: MSPs need more partnerships than ever to build a competitive technological ecosystem-based solution while at the same time, correctly expose their capabilities to prospective new clients.
ABI has compiled 13 quick reads highlighting the “Future of the Mobile Industry: A Reality Check From Mobile World Congress 2018”; discover the trends that were uncovered at MWC.