Artificial Intelligence Boosting Video Service, Mobile Device and Supply Chain Markets
Oyster Bay, New York - 31 Jan 2019
ABI Research, a market-foresight advisory firm providing strategic guidance on the most compelling transformative technologies, announced significant findings in the Video & Cloud Services, Smartphones and Wearables, and Intelligent Supply Chain markets.
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning will optimize video content delivery. “Higher resolution video content, such as ultra-HD 4K, and latency-sensitive services, such as Augmented Reality (AR)/ Virtual Reality (VR) video applications, will drive the deployment of edge computing platforms for content delivery,” commented Khin Sandi Lynn, Industry Analyst at ABI Research. Read more.
Over the next 5 years, revenues generated by technology in the global supply chain will reach US$440 billion by 2023. “Supply chain operators must find innovative ways to deliver the three primary tenets of a successful strategy: visibility, intelligence, and efficiency,” said Nick Finill, Senior Analyst at ABI Research. “Technologies such as robotics, blockchain, IoT, and especially Artificial Intelligence are vital for supply chain operators to remain competitive in today’s complex, global, and customer-centric market.” Read more.
Mobile devices, particularly smartphones, are increasingly featuring embedded Machine Vision technology. “Smartphones offer a convenient form factor for Machine Vision, and with an increasing number of Artificial Intelligence (AI) chips in use, such as Apple’s A12 Bionic and Huawei’s HiSilicon Kirin 980, its prevalence is likely to increase,” said Stephanie Tomsett, Research Analyst at ABI Research. Read more.
About ABI Research
ABI Research provides strategic guidance for visionaries needing market foresight on the most compelling transformative technologies, which reshape workforces, identify holes in a market, create new business models and drive new revenue streams. ABI’s own research visionaries take stances early on those technologies, publishing groundbreaking studies often years ahead of other technology advisory firms. ABI analysts deliver their conclusions and recommendations in easily and quickly absorbed formats to ensure proper context. Our analysts strategically guide visionaries to take action now and inspire their business to realize a bigger picture. For more information about ABI Research’s forecasting, consulting and teardown services, visionaries can contact us at www.abiresearch.com.
Contact ABI Research
- Americas +1.516.624.2542
- Europe +44.(0).203.326.0142
- Asia +65 6950.5670
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Seven Critical Technology Developments Driving Supply Chain Transformation
- Machine Vision in Mobile Devices
Other Recent News
- 24 Apr 2019
- Pollution Health Hazards to Accelerate Deployment of Air Quality Monitoring Stations, Reaching 31,000 by 2024
- 23 Apr 2019
- Warehousing Pressures Driving Substantial Investment in Augmented Reality, Voice Solutions, and People Tracking
- 18 Apr 2019
- Annual Smart Street Lighting Revenue Will Grow 10-Fold to Reach US$1.7 Billion in 2026
- 17 Apr 2019
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Tools Empower Education and Drive AR/VR Market Value to US$700 Million by 2023