Carrier Strategies for Private LTE
In this report, ABI Research provides an in-depth look at the opportunity presented by the expansion of private Long-Term Evolution (LTE) solutions in enterprise markets. The market is set to grow with a change in spectrum management and assignment being one of the key factors defining the new direction of the market. Along with a new way of using spectrum, connectivity demand from industries wishing to face multiple challenges such as digitization and optimization of processes, has increased creating the need for reliable wireless connectivity.
The report includes ABI Research’s forecasts for private LTE revenue opportunities for the six verticals of healthcare, transport and logistics, manufacturing, smart venues, smart cities, and oil and gas. It also analyzes the issue of spectrum and various initiatives such as Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) and MulteFire, and regional assigned spectrum. The report provides case studies and company profiles as well as comprehensive analysis of Mobile Service Providers’ strategies and of market dynamics, challenges and roadblocks. Companies mentioned and discussed in this report include among others, Deutsche Telekom, Redline Communication, Ambra Solutions, Ericsson, Nokia, and Huawei.
Table of Contents
- 1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 2. RECOMMENDATIONS
- 3. THE CURRENT STATUS OF PRIVATE LTE
- 4. DEFINING A PRIVATE LTE NETWORK
- 4.1. What Is a Private LTE Network?
- 4.2. What Are the Features of a Private LTE Network?
- 4.3. Private LTE and 5G
- 4.4. The Role of the Spectrum
- 4.5. CBRS (OnGo) and MulteFire
- 4.6. Other Spectrum Initiatives
- 5. COMPANIES INTERESTED IN DEPLOYING PRIVATE LTE NETWORKS
- 5.1. The Main Applications and Use Cases Private LTE Supports
- 5.2. The Main Addressable Markets
- 6. MAIN STRATEGIES USED FOR PRIVATE LTE NETWORKS
- 6.1. A Market Supported by Multiple Strategies
- 6.2. Private LTE Risks and Roadblocks
- 7. PRIVATE LTE OPPORTUNITY FORECASTS
- 7.1. Methodology
- 8. CASE STUDIES
- 8.1. Huawei Deploys Private LTE for the Yangshan Port of Shanghai
- 8.2. Druid Uses Private LTE for Multiple Vertical Needs
- 8.3. Nokia and Ukkoverkot Deploy Private LTE at the Helsinki Airport
- 9. COMPANY PROFILES
- 9.1. Ambra Solutions
- 9.2. Athonet
- 9.3. Boingo Wireless
- 9.4. Redline Communications