As an emergent technology, few have been as disruptive as blockchain in stirring up furor with regards to its transformative potential. With some hailing it as the next digital miracle, and others disdaining it as vaporware hype, the spectacular volatility of Bitcoin has only served to stoke the fires of debate. There is groundbreaking value in the emerging blockchain phenomena beyond cryptocurrencies, notably around manufacturing and supply chain logistics. Can blockchains be leveraged to reduce friction for faster and more efficient logistics in industrial manufacturing and supply? This webinar examined the applicability of blockchain to further the Industry 4.0 movement.
This webinar addressed the following five questions:
- How can blockchain be used in industrial applications?
- What is the potential of smart contracts for manufacturing?
- How can ledger technology deliver logistics 4.0?
- How can blockchain streamline the supply chain?
- Is blockchain a viable technology for Industry 4.0?
At its conclusion, ABI Research Enabling Platforms Vice President, Dan Shey, also introduced our new Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) research service.