Strengths and Growth Opportunities Identified for Smartphone, Generative Design and Microwave Tube Markets
Oyster Bay, New York - 10 Jan 2019
ABI Research, a market-foresight advisory firm providing strategic guidance on the most compelling transformative technologies, announced significant findings in the Smartphones, Mobile Broadband & Wearables, Smart Manufacturing, and 5G and Mobile Network Infrastructure markets.
Despite the smartphone market’s slowing growth due to saturating addressable markets, ballooning average selling prices, prevailing consumer price fatigue, and lengthening replacement cycles, all is not lost. “For too long, major vendors have been lambasted for upgraded devices looking far too similar to their predecessors, with iteration rather than design innovation becoming the norm,” said David McQueen, Research Director at ABI Research. Read more.
The generative design enables the design of lighter, cheaper components while maintaining strength and solidity, ultimately creating a higher quality product. “The rise of the sharing economy and additive manufacturing will drive both demand for and the ability to produce higher-quality goods,” explained Pierce Owen, Principal Analyst at ABI Research. Read more.
While microwave and millimeter wave high-power vacuum electron devices remain “below the radar” of many industry observers, the total available market for this segment is over US$1 billion. “One competitive RF semiconductor technology – gallium nitride – will change the landscape,” said Lance Wilson, Research Director at ABI Research. Read more.
About ABI Research
ABI Research provides strategic guidance for visionaries needing market foresight on the most compelling transformative technologies, which reshape workforces, identify holes in a market, create new business models and drive new revenue streams. ABI’s own research visionaries take stances early on those technologies, publishing groundbreaking studies often years ahead of other technology advisory firms. ABI analysts deliver their conclusions and recommendations in easily and quickly absorbed formats to ensure proper context. Our analysts strategically guide visionaries to take action now and inspire their business to realize a bigger picture. For more information about ABI Research’s forecasting, consulting and teardown services, visionaries can contact us at www.abiresearch.com.
Contact ABI Research
- Americas +1.516.624.2542
- Europe +44.(0).203.326.0142
- Asia +65.6592.0290
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Market Data: TWT, Klystron, Magnetron, CFA and Gyrotron Devices
- Generative Design in Industrial Applications
- Mobile Devices, Features, and Technologies (Networks): Vendors, Trends, and Forecasts
Other Recent News
- 21 Mar 2019
- Stratasys Takes Top Spot in ABI Research’s Additive Manufacturing Platform Competitive Assessment
- 20 Mar 2019
- ABI Research Ranks Brain Corp, Seegrid, Balyo, and ASI as Top Technology Providers in the Mobile Robot Space
- 19 Mar 2019
- China’s Commercial Telematics Market Evolving, Nearing $5 Billion in System Revenues by 2024
- 14 Mar 2019
- Fingerprint Sensor Shipments to reach 1.26 Billion in 2019 Despite Growth from Face Recognition