GaN RF Power Devices to Represent Nearly 25% of High-Power Semiconductors for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure in 2017
Scottsdale, Arizona - 20 Mar 2017
Gallium Nitride (GaN) RF power semiconductor devices gained meaningful market share over the last two years, despite a lackluster 2016, with 2017 promising to take things a bit further. ABI Research forecasts GAN RF power devices will represent nearly 25% of all high-power semiconductors for mobile wireless infrastructure in 2017.
“The increasing and critical need for wireless data remains an important market driver,” says Lance Wilson, Research Director at ABI Research. “LTE and the initial building blocks of 5G will fuel the market’s growth for the next five years.”
RF power amplifiers (RFPA) are integral parts of all basestations for cellular and mobile wireless infrastructure. They represent one of the most expensive component sub-assemblies in modern wireless infrastructure equipment, and both their performance and cost are important drivers in basestation design. The RF power semiconductors used in these power amplifiers must keep pace with the economic and technical realities facing designers and users of these RF power amplifiers.
“Efficiency, physical size, linearity, and reliability are among the principal concerns,” concludes Wilson. “As price pressures become fiercer, new and innovative techniques and materials must be used to reduce the cost of this important component part while still maintaining performance.”
The Asia-Pacific region, including China, will drive present and future revenue.
These findings are from ABI Research’s RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure report.
Contact ABI Research
- Americas +1.516.624.2542
- Europe +44.(0).203.326.0142
- Asia +65.6592.0290
- Asia 82 10 8278 9592
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: RF Power Semiconductor Device Analysis for Macro Basestations, Remote Radio Heads, and Active Antennas
Other Recent News
- 16 Jan 2018
- Global Smart Cities IoT Technology Revenues to exceed US$60 Billion by 2026
- 15 Jan 2018
- The 15 Startup Innovators That are Set to Light Up the Blockchain Cybersecurity Market
- 09 Jan 2018
- The Top Eight Questions End-Users Need to Ask to Build a Successful IoT GTM Strategy
- 04 Jan 2018
- Soft Materials Bring a Human Touch to Robotics