ABI Research Identifies Six Transformative Technologies Impacting Industrial Manufacturing
Oyster Bay, New York - 03 Apr 2018
What are the top technologies industrial visionaries need to be aware of now and, more importantly, why and how will those technologies impact their industry? To answer that important question, ABI Research, a market foresight advisory firm providing strategic guidance on the most compelling transformative technologies, identified six technologies, along with big-picture questions and answers, to help guide senior industrial leaders to make key transformative technology decisions.
The end result is a six-page research deliverable, “The Top Questions & Answers for Industrial Innovators: Six 1-Minute Transformative Technology Reads”. The six technologies impacting the industrial manufacturing market and a sampling of the pertinent questions are:
- Artificial Intelligence: What is the most suitable implementation of AI for industrial companies? Full edge implementation (e.g., both training and inference on-premise)? Cloud AI? Hybrid implementation (inference on edge and training at the cloud)?
- Blockchain: What is the advantage of implementing blockchain in a manufacturing supply chain? Won’t blockchain put some middlemen out of business?
- Cybersecurity: How do you protect your operational technologies in your corporate cybersecurity strategy? Are there post-market secure service opportunities or new business cases (such as lifecycle device management) that could create better customer stickiness with products?
- IoT: Can a single connectivity technology address all industrial IoT (Internet of Things) applications? If edge computing can solve so many problems, how do workforces benefit from the cloud?
- Robotics: When is the right time to adopt a collaborative robot? How do you implement Robotics-as-Service to shift from CAPEX to OPEX?
- Wireless Connectivity: Why should you look beyond Ethernet to wireless connectivity in installations? What should you be concerned about when looking at wireless connectivity solutions in your operations?
To learn more about these technologies that will impact the industrial manufacturing market, click here or visit https://www.abiresearch.com/pages/industrial-innovators-q-and-a/.
Additionally, six ABI Research analysts will be available on-site at Hannover Messe 2018 in Hannover, Germany, between April 23-27, 2018 (Monday-Friday) for press interviews and one-to-one business meetings. To schedule an analyst briefing, click here or visit https://www.abiresearch.com/pages/schedule-hannover-messe-briefing/.
About ABI Research
ABI Research provides strategic guidance for visionaries needing market foresight on the most compelling transformative technologies, which reshape workforces, identify holes in a market, create new business models and drive new revenue streams. ABI’s own research visionaries take stances early on those technologies, publishing groundbreaking studies often years ahead of other technology advisory firms. ABI analysts deliver their conclusions and recommendations in easily and quickly absorbed formats to ensure proper context. Our analysts strategically guide visionaries to take action now and inspire their business to realize a bigger picture. For more information about ABI Research’s forecasting, consulting and teardown services, visionaries can contact us at +1.516.624.2500 in the Americas, +44.203.326.0140 in Europe, +65.6592.0290 in Asia-Pacific or visit www.abiresearch.com.
Contact ABI Research
- Americas +1.516.624.2542
- Europe +44.(0).203.326.0142
- Asia +65 6950.5670
Other Recent News
- 18 Apr 2019
- Annual Smart Street Lighting Revenue Will Grow 10-Fold to Reach US$1.7 Billion in 2026
- 17 Apr 2019
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Tools Empower Education and Drive AR/VR Market Value to US$700 Million by 2023
- 16 Apr 2019
- Threat Factors drive Cities’ Resilience Spending to US$335 Billion in 2024
- 11 Apr 2019
- ABI Research’s Hannover Messe 2019 Whitepaper: Companies ‘Aggressively Pursuing Technology’ for Increased Productivity and Profitability