Satellite IoT Connections by Orbit

Source Research:

Satellite Communications: IoT Deployments & Subscriptions

Market Data | 04 Apr 2024 | MD-SATCI-101

The total number of satellite-enabled Internet of Things (IoT) connected at the end of 2023 stood at 8.54 million and is expected to grow to 45.31 million by 2032. This represents a 20.4% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) (2023 to 2032). 

Today, Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) constellations account for 64% of all satellite IoT connections, with Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO) constellations accounting for the remaining 36%.