Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
This webinar examined adjacencies between and synergies across the smart home, smart mobility and smart cities verticals according to functional areas linked to living, mobility, energy, entertainment and infotainment, security, healthcare, education and work. Next generation technologies like micro-grids, driverless cars, voice assistants, AI-based surveillance cams, robotics, and biometrics allow functional domains to cross over into non-native verticals to offer more seamless, holistic, complementary and automated experiences, blurring the boundaries between segments and industries.
Examples include paradigms like Car as a Living Space or Office, home-based healthcare, distributed energy generation, crowdsourcing home- or car -based surveillance cams for public use, and last but not least the Car as a Mobility Service. Our panel also provided examples of vendors well placed to take advantage of these cross vertical adjacencies.
This webinar answered the following questions:
- Why is the battle for the smart home important?
- Why driverless cars will only make sense in a smart city context?
- How will the sharing economy, asset crowdsourcing, and distributed generation paradigms transform living in the future?
- Which are the key underlying transformational technologies?
- Who are the key players offering cross vertical solutions?