Webinar: Identity of Things - Rethinking IoT Platform Services as Connections Exceed 50 Billion
As connected Things are expected to exceed 50 billion within the next few years it would seem that traditional Identity and Access Management models cannot fully grasp the potential of the IoT era. Communication, data exchange, device management and security are not addressed holistically by existing frameworks - leaving companies with less-than-optimal IoT strategies and proving to be a serious threat to existing cloud-based investments.
Through this presentation, ABI Research provides the audience with an examination of the role of identity for enhancing IoT solution enablement followed by the introduction of the next evolutionary stage for the Identity of Things: the realization of the IAM 2.0. The framework suggests that both existing and emerging industry players should learn to address the demands of the IDoT in a comprehensive manner by embracing a wider spectrum of technologies which escapes the confines of API design and PKI encryption.
This webinar addressed the following five questions:
- Why is the Identity of Things important for the IoT?
- How can companies tackle Thing identity and management services?
- What to expect from the industry’s transition towards IAM 2.0?
- Which markets will be the first to evolve under this transformative paradigm?
- What are the most important aspects for enabling secure IoT services?