Location services are extending quickly from traditional outdoor tracking and navigation & positioning systems to indoor location systems, high precision cellular positioning, and real time asset tracking systems. As the market develops, the supply chain becomes very complex and the boundaries between the different nodes starts to blur. The huge fragmentation surrounding location technologies are amplifying this complexity. As a result, technology suppliers are struggling to generate scale to maintain margins using traditional one-time sales of products and the industry is moving quickly from products offering to platform and solution offerings.
These trends will likely transform dynamics surrounding this market, change spheres of influence, and reshape the relationships within the value chain. Special attention is dedicated to location technologies as a service as a potential alternative to the traditional one-tine sales business model.
This webinar addressed the following questions:
- How can emerging location use cases best be monetized?
- Who should I partner with in the value chain?
- What type of technologies and platforms should be considered for specific use cases and under what type of business models are they available?
- Who will be the winners and losers in the location technology value chain?
- How big are the market opportunities for location technologies across different industries and what are the best possible ways to generate scale?