Robotics as a Service (RaaS) originally was coined to describe the business model whereby robotic platforms functioned on cloud-platforms that were sold as a service to end-users. Now, RaaS represents one of the most notable phenomena in the development and diversification of commercial robots across an ever-expanding list of markets and use-cases.
The purpose of this presentation is to describe the state of RaaS, highlighting salient trends in a way that provides context, outlines key takeaways and provides strategic industry guidance.
The development of RaaS across of range of markets and through many companies will be described and evaluated. A central theme of RaaS is the promise of robotics being developed for an ever-wider range of use-cases, and this presentation will aim to educate members on the varied experiences of RaaS providers across markets, many of which had not previously seen significant robotic adoption.
This webinar will address the following five questions:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of RaaS (for end-users and providers?)
- What are the drivers and inhibitors behind the development of RaaS?
- What market verticals are likely to be most affected by RaaS?
- What are the forecasts for growth within the RaaS ecosystem?
- Which companies represent the potential of RaaS?