Asia-Pacific Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
The Asia-Pacific market for cellular M2M connections is experiencing growth across multiple vertical segments, with the industrial, automotive, and telematics category driving the majority of this growth, but this growth will be largely limited to existing domestic operators within these markets. New technology deployments of LTE-M and NB-IoT networks will help drive domestic operator connection revenues and give foreign operators the opportunity to forge partnerships to differentiate their solutions.
This report examines the competitive Asia-Pacific market for operator M2M services. Market quantification is provided for operator cellular connections both in the historical context and for future M2M connections, together with operator forecast projections through 2023 for Airtel, BSNL, China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom, KDDI, Korea Telecom, LGU+, NTT DoCoMo, Optus, Reliance Comm, SK Telecom, SoftBank, Telstra, and Vodafone.
For operators though, the revenue opportunity will extend beyond connectivity to specialized, value-added solutions largely driven by specific use cases. The report details these opportunities and concludes with operator recommendations moving forward.
Table of Contents
- 1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 2. ASIA-PACIFIC CELLULAR M2M MARKET ENVIRONMENT
- 2.1. Key Developments in the Asia-Pacific Market for Cellular M2M
- 2.2. Drivers and Inhibitors for Cellular M2M in the Asia-Pacific Market
- 3. ASIA-PACIFIC OPERATOR CONNECTION DISTRIBUTION ANALYSIS
- 3.1. Australia
- 3.2. China
- 3.3. India
- 3.4. Japan
- 3.5. South Korea
- 4. RECOMMENDATIONS
- 4.1. Realize that Connectivity Is the Lowest Common Denominator
- 4.2. Large Opportunities for Few Operators, But Partnerships exist
- 4.3. LPWA Technologies Are the Keys to Future Growth