It has been another busy month in the Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) markets, with a handful of impactful acquisitions and successful funding rounds.
- Niantic acquired 8th Wall, a development platform focused on WebAR and content democratization. Niantic has been prolific with acquisitions over the past year, and 8th Wall will be a part of the company’s Lightship development efforts.
- Google Acquired Raxium, a company specialized in LEDs for augmented and virtual reality. It joins a growing hardware effort from Google, with their own Glass product still in enterprise, an acquisition of glasses player North, and development support with ARCore.
- Adobe acquired BRIO XR, a cloud-based AR/VR visualization creation tool.
- Snap acquired NextMind, a brain computer interface startup. Snap has built out an AR ecosystem for social media content and plans expansion into dedicated AR hardware.
- VR gaming developer nDreams raised US$35 million, and confirmed they are working on titles for the upcoming Sony PSVR2.
- Rokid, a smart glasses Original…
You must be a subscriber to view this ABI Insight.
To find out more about subscribing contact a representative about purchasing options.