UnTelco: Business Opportunities Beyond Connectivity
Date: Thursday, Sept. 28 2017, 11 a.m. US/Eastern
ABI Research coined the "UnTelco" principle where both telcos and vendors break free from their established – but stagnant – connectivity-driven business and enter the B2B market, where they become enablers for several vertical markets. The UnTelco principle is split into two main areas:
- Telcos become business enablers for industry verticals, where 5G and network slicing are examples of telco technologies positioned for new business growth.
- Vendors deploy carrier-grade, private networks in enterprise verticals without the necessary involvement of a telco. Unlicensed and shared spectrum are making this market a tangible opportunity for telecom infrastructure vendors.
This webinar will discuss technical trends that will impact and enable the deployment of UnTelco business models, early use cases, and initial learnings.
- Identity of Things - Rethinking IoT Platform Services as Connections Exceed 50 Billion
- Leveraging Blockchain for Industrial Manufacturing & Supply Chain Logistics
- Location Platforms: Value Chain Analysis, Technology Innovation & Business Transformation
- How Will Sensors Make Factories Smart?
- Smart Mobility, Smart Cities and Smart Home, the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?