Location Platforms: Value Chain Analysis, Technology Innovation & Business Transformation
Date: Thursday, April 5 2018, 2 p.m. US/Eastern
Location services are extending quickly from traditional outdoor tracking and navigation & positioning systems to indoor location systems, high precision cellular positioning, and real time asset tracking systems. As the market develops the supply chain becomes very complex and the boundaries between the different nodes starts to blur. The huge fragmentation surrounding location technologies are amplifying this complexity. As a result, technology suppliers are struggling to generate scale to maintain margins using traditional one-time sales of products and the industry is moving quickly from products offering to platform and solution offerings.
These trends will likely transform dynamics surrounding this market, change spheres of influence, and reshape the relationships within the value chain. Special attention is dedicated to location technologies as a service as a potential alternative to the traditional one-tine sales business model.
This webinar will address the following questions:
- How can emerging location use cases best be monetized?
- Who should I partner with in the value chain?
- What type of technologies and platforms should be considered for specific use cases and under what type of business models are they available?
- Who will be the winners and losers in the location technology value chain?
- How big are the market opportunities for location technologies across different industries and what are the best possible ways to generate scale?
- 5G for Consumer and Industrial Applications
- The Future of Wi-Fi: New Markets and Increased Technology Competition
- Smart Home Data: A Golden Goose Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Mobile Innovation and Investment: Market Shapers and Those in the Slipstream
- The Retail Revolution: Will Robotics and AI Save Bricks and Mortar?