Integration Versus Stand-alone Smartphone Components – Reference Designs Will Moderate the Shift
Date: Thursday, Sept. 19 2013, 7 a.m. US/Eastern
The mobile device semiconductor space has been and continues to undergo consolidation and transformation. Integration will be a key part of vendors' ability to compete going forward. Reference designs will play a role keeping more standalone, or discrete, components in play, in addition to other factors. ABI Research looks at the shift occurring to more integrated designs and reference designs being offered. ABI Research also highlights which semiconductor vendors will be in the game a few years out and what they need to do to remain in the market.
- 5G for Consumer and Industrial Applications
- The Future of Wi-Fi: New Markets and Increased Technology Competition
- Smart Home Data: A Golden Goose Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Mobile Innovation and Investment: Market Shapers and Those in the Slipstream
- The Retail Revolution: Will Robotics and AI Save Bricks and Mortar?