e-SIM Sponsored by Giesecke & Devrient
Date: Thursday, July 14 2016, 11 a.m. US/EasternWill a consumer-facing e-SIM present a substantial threat to the traditional SIM card market? This is a question which remains to be answered and the e-SIM market is one which ecosystem players continue to monitor closely. Although the e-SIM market has previously been discussed at great length, 2016 has brought the form factor back into the limelight. In February, the GSMA released a consumer facing e-SIM specification targeting CE devices outside of the direct MNO distribution channel, announcing that it would follow up with a handset specific specification in June. The first CE device to utilize the specification, the Samsung Gear S2 Smart Watch, was launched at MWC16. Other CE devices will no doubt follow, but all eyes are now firmly fixed on the handset and the potential impact of mass e-SIM integration. ABI Research’s e-SIM webinar will provide analysis of where the e-SIM market is today alongside future forecast expectations, with a particular focus on use cases in consumer electronics. Discussion will focus on the potential market impact from a supply chain, provisioning and life cycle management perspective, outlining the potential effect on ecosystem players including smart card and secure IC vendors, OEMs and MNOs.
- Robotics as a Service is the Key to Unlocking the Next Phase of Market Development
- Are Mobile Service Providers Doomed to Marginalization?
- Building Practical IoT Security to Preempt Tomorrow’s Cyberattacks - Sponsored by Rambus
- Identity of Things - Rethinking IoT Platform Services as Connections Exceed 50 Billion
- Demystifying Blockchain – Are We Overcooking Opportunities, Applications, and Key GTM Concepts?