5G for Consumer and Industrial Applications
Date: Thursday, June 7 2018, 2 p.m. US/Eastern
5G discussions are currently focused on creating a faster network, but the revolution will happen with 5G will allow mobile service providers to address industrial applications. Despite the wide agreement that this will likely introduce a wave of new business opportunities, mobile service providers don’t yet understand the technologies, operational models and culture that 5G will require. They are now trying to understand what end markets need and test new business models, which will mature by the time 5G is fully deployed.
This webinar will present current 5G market activities, and what key mobile service providers are planning to do in the initial stages of commercial deployments, mostly focusing on consumer applications and enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB). The webinar will then discuss industrial applications, where the market landscape is very different: connectivity is just a tiny element of industrial technology systems. Operators need to move away from connectivity-centric industrial strategies, otherwise they will find it hard to convince industrial implementers of the value proposition of their products and services.
This webinar will address the following questions:
- What are the most recent developments in the 5G market landscape?
- What aspects of 5G will be deployed in the next 5 years?
- What industrial applications are possible with 4G and other technologies today? What is not?
- How can MSPs prepare for industrial telecoms?
- Which market will lead 5G industrial applications?
- The Future of Wi-Fi: New Markets and Increased Technology Competition
- Smart Home Data: A Golden Goose Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Mobile Innovation and Investment: Market Shapers and Those in the Slipstream
- The Retail Revolution: Will Robotics and AI Save Bricks and Mortar?
- Market Forces Driving Edge AI: Enabling Technologies, Value Proposition and Key Use Cases