As part of the Strategic Technologies research team, Rian provides an analysis for Robotics, Automation, and Intelligent Systems.
He has also written actively on the industrial and commercial applications for robots and covers emerging robotics technologies including collaborative systems, mobile robotics, unmanned aerial vehicles, and exoskeletons. Rian has spoken at numerous industry events, including Robo Business and the Boston Robotics Summit. He also contributes to a wide array of media outlets and has been quoted in numerous articles on robotics. Rian is on the advisory board for RoboBusiness and an advisor to VDEI, an industry trade group dedicated to furthering the understanding of the exoskeleton market.
Rian graduated in 2017 with a Master’s degree in Science & Security from King’s College London, researching the intersection of technology and defense. Prior to that, he was an undergraduate at the University of Sheffield, studying History and Politics.
Rian has been an editor and contributor to the conflict comment, a media outlet that focuses on international relations. He has experience of public speaking, most recently giving a presentation on missile defense at the University of London in September 2017.
Rian Whitton in the News
- MCU Tech That Already Exists (Or Very Nearly Exists)
- Collaborating with Robots
- For Fukushima's nuclear disaster, robots may be the only hope
- Exoskeletons Today
- Architects anticipate robots on construction sites
- Is the construction market the next big thing for robots?
- Construction and mining next frontier of robotics adoption, says ABI
- Construction and mining ‘next frontier’ for robotics adoption, says research company
- Construction, mining are next frontier of robotics adoption
- IEEE Spectrum Online: Industrial Workers Will Soon Don Exoskeletons and Achieve Super Strength
- The Robot Report: Softbank’s Whiz robot arrives as Pepper renewals lag
- Softbank’s Whiz robot arrives as Pepper renewals lag
- Stark dank Technik (Strong Thanks to Technology)
- EIN Connect: Fast Growing Exoskeleton Market to Top $5B in Annual Revenue
- Robotics & Automation News: Fast-growing exoskeleton market set to exceed $5 billion in annual revenue, says report
- RoboBusiness Day 2 Highlights: Robotics Concerns, Adopting Automation, and the Fog
- Design World Online: Robot tax will only impede national competitiveness
- RoboBusiness: Robotics, AI & Automation: A Better Future or Doomsday? (Video Presentation)
- BBC News: Will we ever get self-healing smartphones?
- The Robo Report: Robot tax will only impede national competitiveness
- Thomson Reuters UK: Ottobock reaches for growth with industrial exoskeletons
- New York Times: Ottobock Reaches for Growth With Industrial Exoskeletons
- Robotics Business Review: Researchers Create Self-Healing Material for Biologically-Inspired Robots
- Toronto Globe & Mail: Deep Trekker’s robot subs help uncover the mysteries of the sea
- Recode: Most Americans say they don’t want help from robots
- Robotics & Automation News: Robotics-as-a-Service to reach $34 billion by 2026
- Azorobotics: Homecare Robotics and APAC Push Consumer Robotics Market to 100 Million shipments by 2026
- Robotics Business Review: Building a Smart Factory with AI and Robotics
- Smart Industry: Robotics-as-a-Service to unlock market development
- Bloomberg News: Intel Wants Its New Drones to Find Jobs Outside the Spotlight
- Why Ready Robotics moved its HQ from Baltimore to Ohio
- Robot Rental Comes of Age
- Growth opportunity of drones may well have been over-exaggerated
- Exoskeletons to become common for factory workers
- Clemson University partners with Greenville Tech to launch new R&D facility for manufacturing students
- Cobots Set To Become Fastest Growing Robotics Sector
- AI SPECIAL: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ITS IMPACT – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
- Boulder toy robot maker Sphero builds on “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and lives to tell the tale of its BB-9e droid
- Rian Whitton - @ABI_Whitton
Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation