As part of the Strategic Technologies research team, Rian provides an analysis for Robotics, Automation, Intelligent Systems, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. He has also written actively on the commercial application of unmanned aerial vehicles
Rian graduated in 2017 with a Master’s degree in Science & Security from King’s College London, researching the intersection of technology and defense. Subjects of interest included lethal autonomous weapons, unmanned systems, aerospace innovation, nuclear deterrence and how it relates to international affairs. Prior to that, he was an undergraduate at the University of Sheffield, studying History & Politics.
Rian has been an editor and contributor to the conflict comment, a media outlet that focuses on international relations. He has experience of public speaking, most recently giving a presentation on missile defense at the University of London in September 2017.
Rian Whitton in the News
- Growth opportunity of drones may well have been over-exaggerated
- Exoskeletons to become common for factory workers
- Clemson University partners with Greenville Tech to launch new R&D facility for manufacturing students
- Cobots Set To Become Fastest Growing Robotics Sector
- AI SPECIAL: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ITS IMPACT – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
- Boulder toy robot maker Sphero builds on “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and lives to tell the tale of its BB-9e droid