James Mielke, Managing Director and Vice President, Teardowns, leads ABI Research’s technical analysis teams that cover handset and semiconductor teardown analysis. His primary responsibilities include management of the teardown process and analysis of industry technical changes. He also regularly interfaces with clients.
James has been involved with the architectural design of both handsets and semiconductor platforms for more than 20 years. He has concurrently held strategic marketing and architectural design positions for most of his career.
Prior to joining ABI Research, James was the CEO of a market intelligence company that he formed in 2009. He also held architectural and strategic marketing positions at Freescale Semiconductor and Motorola. James started his career in Motorola’s research lab working on some of the first cellular phones. James earned a BS in Electrical Engineering from the Milwaukee School of Engineering.
Blogs by James Mielke
James Mielke in the News
- Analyst Angle: Smartphone teardowns reveal radio frequency challenges ahead of 5G deployments
- Fingerprint Sensor Sets the Beat
- Teardown: Nest Hello Video Doorbell Packs Some Heat
- The Wall Street Journal: Look Inside This Chinese Smartphone and See It’s Made in America
- Teardown: Samsung Gear IconX 2018 gears up its game
- ZTE’s ill-attempt to revolutionize smartphone user interface
- ABI Research’s Teardowns service finds first hidden under-display fingerprint sensor bites into Apple’s face recognition technology
- Analyst says under-display fingerprint sensors may force Apple to return to fingerprints for next iPhone
- Amazon Could Give the Echo Dot Away and Still Make Money
- Apple Shocker, It's Using Chips Made By Frenemy Qualcomm In Apple Watch Series 3
- Teardown | Apple Watch insides revealed for the first time
- Inside The Apple Watch: What Makes It Tick
- Analyst: Intel's smartphone chip offers significant power savings vs. ARM
- Samsung replaces Qualcomm modem in SIII
Vice President, Teardowns
LocationDripping Springs, U.S.