Dimitrios Pavlakis, Industry Analyst at ABI Research is responsible for digital, biometrics and IoT security research including cybersecurity, machine learning and artificial intelligence with a focus on a wide spectrum on enterprise, consumer, and governmental verticals. He closely studies related markets, products, technologies, and applications from a hardware (devices, sensors, etc.), software (algorithm design, data extraction, security, etc.), and consumer (mentality, adoption, etc.) perspective.
Prior to joining ABI Research, Dimitrios worked as a business consultant in the Netherlands, and as a market research analyst in specialized healthcare equipment in Greece. He utilized his scientific background as an academic researcher to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data and design analytical models.
Dimitrios studied Behavioral Sciences (BC) at the European University of Cyprus; Applied Social Psychology (MS.C.) at the University of Sussex, U.K., and Communication Studies (M.A.) at the University of Maastricht, Netherlands. He also studied consumer psychology, statistics, and statistical programming software and languages including SPSS, R, Python and SQL.
Blogs by Dimitrios Pavlakis
- Night of the Living Zombie Botnets
- A few thoughts on CE biometric applications
- Biometrics and Digital Security
Dimitrios Pavlakis in the News
- Pretty much all Wi-Fi is vulnerable, security experts reveal
- IoT Data Exchange Services Seen as Major Marketplace Disruptor
- IoT Data Exchanges Services Set to Transform IoT Landscape
- What’s the Right Security Architecture for the Mobile-First World?
- Business Technology News
- Biometrics to Play Key Role in Future of Banking
- Does Artificial Intelligence Have the Potential to Eliminate the Risk of Utility Cyber-Attacks?
- Smart & Dangerous
- Hackers Prove the Smart Home is Not a Safe Home
- What's Next in Enterprise Tech
- Ringing the Smart Home Security Warning Bells
- UN Biometric System Streamlines Relief to Refugees
- SIM Card Shipments to Reach a Record, but Declining ASPs Force a Shift in Vendor Strategy
- U.S. government biometrics spend to reach US$8.6 B by 2020: ABI Research
- Governmental Biometric Expenditures Expected to Reach US$8.6 Billion by 2020—Border Control Applications Take the Spotlight, Says ABI Research
- Smartphones fuel biometrics to $3.1 billion
- Dimitrios Pavlakis - @ABI_Pavlakis
Machine Learning, Cybersecurity, Biometrics