Plenty of New Toys, Like a Classic CES
Even with reduced size and attendance, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022 was filled with new Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) announcements including new Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs), accessories, and enabling technologies and platforms. Some of the highlights include:
- TCL Leiniao AR smart glasses: Only a prototype for now, but full color waveguides and built-in audio are compelling in the shown form factor.
- Vuzix Shield AR smart glasses: An enterprise-skewed device, only in monochrome and bulkier than TCL and other consumer-oriented showcases, but a promising slim-down on the enterprise AR side.
- ThirdEye Razor AR smart glasses: Another form factor improvement from an established hardware player.
- Sony PlayStation VR 2 HMD: Confirmation of the device, with promising high-end specifications.
- Shiftall Meganex VR HMD: Panasonic subsidiary pushing form factor boundaries with ultra slim and lightweight headset.
- XTAL 3 VR HMD: Ultra high-end enterprise VR headset with class-leading specs including 8K resolution and 180° Field of View (F…
You must be a subscriber to view this ABI Insight.
To find out more about subscribing contact a representative about purchasing options.