Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
5G fixed wireless gateways were among the highlights of Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2019 in February, as device makers including Nokia, Huawei, and NetComm Wireless showcased their 5G fixed wireless gateways. In addition to customer premises equipment (CPE) announcements, chipset giant Qualcomm also announced a 5G CPE reference design for fixed wireless home gateway products in sub-6GHz and mmWave. Since 5G fixed wireless service launched in the United States in October 2018, infrastructure vendors, equipment makers, and service providers have been working toward commercial deployments. Recent CPE announcements are expected to speed up the deployment process even more, and the telecommunications industry is likely to see a few more commercial launches of 5G fixed wireless broadband services in 2019.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi