UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
UltraViolet (UVVU) was announced in 2010, launched in late 2011, and will cease operations on July 31, 2019. ABI Research covered UVVU in its earlier days, but expressed a healthy level of skepticism throughout most of that coverage. First impressions were not positive, and even with some things going UVVU’s way (e.g. Tesco joining UVVU) the platform couldn’t overcome the fragmentations and--perhaps most critically--the lack of support from Disneyand other key video services like iTunes, Amazon Video, and Google Play.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video