Samsung and Broadcom Partner to Deliver the World's First Wi-Fi 6 Smartphone
Avoiding being drowned out in the tidal wave of MWC 2019 announcements, Samsung has confirmed the recent rumors that their latest Galaxy device, the Samsung Galaxy S10, will be the first in the world to come equipped with Wi-Fi 6 technology. The smartphone will be powered by Broadcom’s BCM4375 chipset, a Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5 combo chip capable of supporting up to 1.43 Gbps data rates. The move represents another landmark in the roll out of Wi-Fi 6 technology following growing traction in networking devices at CES 2019.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Samsung and Broadcom Partner to Deliver the World's First Wi-Fi 6 Smartphone
- Wi-Fi 6, Mesh Networking, and the Growth of More Intelligent Distributed Wi-Fi
- Wireless Connectivity Technology Segmentation & Addressable Markets
- Opportunities and Challenges for Short-Range Wireless in 2019
- Outdoor/Wide Area Location Technologies Market Update