UK Government Proposes Mobile Application for Settling EU Citizens Post-Brexit
A smartphone app is being utilized by the government of the United Kingdom to make it possible for citizens of the European Union (EU) who currently reside in the United Kingdom to remain in the country after it leaves the European Union on March 29th. With an estimated 3.5 million EU citizens living in the United Kingdom, the government has made ensuring there is an opportunity to retain that population post-Brexit a top priority. The loss of working population and income if these citizens were unable to stay would be significant; therefore, securing their futures is also significant, for both economic and political reasons. The Android app, named EU Exit: ID Document Check, has been devised as a convenient solution to enable EU citizens to apply for settled and pre-settled status before the United Kingdom separates from the European Union next month.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Phones, Homes, and Cameras: Setting the Stage for a Consumer-Centric Approach to the Biometrics Evolution
- Gait over Here! Will China’s Machine Vision and AI Startups Help Gait Biometric Recognition Back on Its Feet?
- Payment & Banking Card Secure IC Technologies
- UK Government Proposes Mobile Application for Settling EU Citizens Post-Brexit
- Why Public Transport Authorities Need to Embrace the MaaS Opportunity