Why There is No Technological Silver Bullet to Address Mobile Ticketing
Mobile ticketing is often referred to as an emerging market due to the significant growth opportunities for mobile ticketing solutions therein. However, the fact remains that mobile ticketing solutions, be they full-scale operations or pilot, have been in commercial use for more than 10 years, including Japan’s well-established FeliCa protocol; open-loop mobile acceptance in Amsterdam, London, Delhi, and Mumbai; QR code trials in China and other parts of India; and a closed-loop MIFARE 2GO mobile solution currently in use on the Las Vegas Monorail in the United States.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update