IBM Announces US$2 Billion Investment in AI Campus, Hinting at Reentry into the Semiconductor Business
The AI Hardware Center at SUNY Polytechnic Institute campus in New York will focus on computer chip research, development, prototyping, testing, and simulation. The new center is being built in partnership with New York State, which hopes the center will attract new companies in the field of AI and create several hundred new jobs. The investment marks IBM focusing more on the hardware side of its business. It also shows IBM’s increased appetite to invest in human capital and to address one of the stickiest problems currently facing the AI community.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IBM Announces US$2 Billion Investment in AI Campus, Hinting at Reentry into the Semiconductor Business
- The American AI Initiative Highlights the Needs for AI Governance on a Global Scale
- Moving Multimodal AI to the Edge
- Seven Critical Technology Developments Driving Supply Chain Transformation
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning