Wi-Fi 6, Mesh Networking, and the Growth of More Intelligent Distributed Wi-Fi
From a Wi-Fi perspective, CES 2019 represented another significant milestone in the rollout of Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), with the event giving rise to several new announcements spanning chipsets, routers, multi-AP systems, platforms, and client devices. MediaTek announced their new Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth combo chip portfolio for home and enterprise APs, routers, gateways, and repeaters supporting 2x2 and 4x4 MIMO. Cypress Semiconductor announced a 2x2 combo Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth solution targeting automotive infotainment applications. Celeno launched their new CL8000 Wi-Fi 6 chip, while Intel and Qualcomm demonstrated their existing Wi-Fi 6 solutions and growing market traction.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Wi-Fi 6, Mesh Networking, and the Growth of More Intelligent Distributed Wi-Fi
- Wireless Connectivity Technology Segmentation & Addressable Markets
- Opportunities and Challenges for Short-Range Wireless in 2019
- Outdoor/Wide Area Location Technologies Market Update
- What Is Next After 802.11ax?