NRF 2019 Supply Chain Roundup: Inventory Visibility is on the Rise
In mid-January the Javits Center in New York hosted the National Retail Federation (NRF) Big Show, where the latest retail technologies were on display to nearly 40,000 visitors. Above all, NRF 2019 stood out for focusing more on critical operational technologies than flashy customer-facing tech designed to engage the digital-native consumer. This meant fewer customer assistant robots, virtual reality, and Amazon Go-style stores, and more RFID, shelf-monitoring cameras and AI-driven optimization software. While engaging the new generation of customers remains an ongoing challenge for the retail industry, it’s becoming clear that brick and mortar retailers are now turning to the supply chain as a key strategic weapon in the fight against the march of online retail and the dominance of the Amazons of this world.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies
- NRF 2019 Supply Chain Roundup: Inventory Visibility is on the Rise
- Demand Planning and Optimization in the Supply Chain
- Seven Critical Technology Developments Driving Supply Chain Transformation
- On-Demand Warehousing to Become a Key Component in the Agile Supply Chain