LPWA Network Technologies Outlook for 2019
In 2018, network technologies witnessed significant growth in building public network infrastructure. While the Sigfox and Long Range Wide Area Network (LoRaWAN) networks were commercially available through large-scale network deployments in more than 40 countries, telcos have globally launched more than 77 Narrowband-Internet of Things (NB-IoT) and Long-Term Evolution-Category M1 (LTE-M) networks. Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) networks added nearly 48 million new connection in 2018, with proprietary technologies accounting for over half of the market share, followed by LoRaWAN with 25% of the total LPWAN connections. Some end of 2018 highlights include:
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is IPR the Poisoned Chalice for the IoT?
- Agriculture's Digital Transformation - AgTech and Farming
- The Internet of Things: Testing the Waters
- Partnership Reality Check: Vodafone Needs IBM Today and IBM Needs Vodafone Tomorrow
- ABB Ability—Strengthening Customer Relationships and Enhancing the Power of the Control Loop