Opportunities and Challenges for Short-Range Wireless in 2019
The year 2018 was another landmark one for the wireless industry, with strong growth across a number of different Short-Range Wireless (SRW) technologies. ABI Research expects this growth to continue over the next 12 months, with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 802.15.4, Near-Field Communication (NFC), Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), and other chipsets expected to reach well above 7 billion combined annual shipments in 2019. This growth will be primarily driven by ramp up and maturity across a number of vertical markets, in addition to new enhancements and protocols that will help drive innovation and increased competition in the connectivity arena.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Wi-Fi 6, Mesh Networking, and the Growth of More Intelligent Distributed Wi-Fi
- Wireless Connectivity Technology Segmentation & Addressable Markets
- Opportunities and Challenges for Short-Range Wireless in 2019
- Outdoor/Wide Area Location Technologies Market Update
- What Is Next After 802.11ax?