Location-Based VR Remains a Highlight in the Industry, but IMAX Shows It Is Still Early Days
IMAX had high hopes for VR being a big draw, but foot traffic at IMAX’s VR arcades failed to meet expectations. This does not mean VR is a doomed technology, however, but resetting expectations and identifying valuable immersion scenarios versus gimmicks will be good areas on which to focus for the future.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Consumer Augmented Reality: Current State and Forecasts
- Mobile AR Investment Points to a Strong 2019 for the Platform
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- Augmented Reality in the Engineering and Construction Industry
- Location-Based VR Remains a Highlight in the Industry, but IMAX Shows It Is Still Early Days