Location-Based VR Remains a Highlight in the Industry, but IMAX Shows It Is Still Early Days
IMAX had high hopes for VR being a big draw, but foot traffic at IMAX’s VR arcades failed to meet expectations. This does not mean VR is a doomed technology, however, but resetting expectations and identifying valuable immersion scenarios versus gimmicks will be good areas on which to focus for the future.
To find out more about subscribing:
- A Wave of New Virtual Reality Hardware on the Horizon Enters an Uncertain Market
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- Microsoft’s HoloLens 2 Fosters Greater Capability for AR/MR Solutions in Enterprise
- Hot Tech Innovators: Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Microsoft and Others Use Mobile World Congress to Debut New AR Hardware and Use Cases