MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
In Q4 2018, Brazilian insurance provider Porto Seguro publicized plans to shut down its MVNO, Porto Seguro Conecta, in order to shift focus to its core business and other opportunities “that have a competitive advantage.” This seemingly validates reports from earlier in 2018 that the insurance provider was concerned about its MVNOs performance. While it achieved the highest possible assessment in the Satisfaction and Quality survey of Brazil’s National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel), Porto Seguro Conecta failed to reach the number of subscribers originally forecast when it was Brazil’s first MVNO to launch in 2012 as an add-on automotive tracking service to its parent company’s insurance products.
To find out more about subscribing:
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules
- LPWA Network Technologies Outlook for 2019
- What Lessons Must 5G Learn to Conquer End Vertical Markets?
- Latin America Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
- Can Electronics Distributors Become the Next Center of Gravity for IoT Solution Enablement?