Trustech 2018: Biometric Payment Cards beyond Payment Applications
This year’s Trustech 2018 event had a common theme, with a host of vendors including FPC, IDEX, NEXT Biometrics, Gemalto, IDEMIA, Precise Biometrics, NXP, and Infineon having a heavy focus on pitching their respective biometric payment card technologies and/or exploring the related opportunities. Today the market is at an infliction point, with a number of pilots at various stages, and the year 2018 marking the beginning of the evaluation phase with an expectation that certification for mass commercial rollouts will be achieved as early as 2Q or 3Q 2019.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why There is No Technological Silver Bullet to Address Mobile Ticketing
- Phones, Homes, and Cameras: Setting the Stage for a Consumer-Centric Approach to the Biometrics Evolution
- Gait over Here! Will China’s Machine Vision and AI Startups Help Gait Biometric Recognition Back on Its Feet?
- Payment & Banking Card Secure IC Technologies
- UK Government Proposes Mobile Application for Settling EU Citizens Post-Brexit