In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensors for Smartphones Provide Improved Authentication and User Experience
In-display fingerprint sensors technologies are starting to find their way into smartphones and are currently using optical scanners with a more advanced ultrasonic technology expected to be released next year. Ultrasonic fingerprint scanners can allow an entire device’s screen display, or a large portion of it (even a dirty one), to work as a fingerprint reader. This allows a user to unlock a phone, open a secure app, or authenticate a payment just by placing their finger on the display.
To find out more about subscribing:
- CES 2019 Wearables Roundup: Healthcare Features Take Center Stage
- Machine Vision in Mobile Devices
- Mobile Devices: Rumor Summary 4Q 2018
- In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensors for Smartphones Provide Improved Authentication and User Experience
- Premium Range Smartphone OEM Strategies, Flexible Displays and 5G: A Triumvirate to Staunch the Declining Market?