AI Chips in Smartphones Key to Boosting Machine Vision Adoption and Applications
Machine vision refers to a number of computer- and embedded-vision technologies, where visual systems scan, analyze, and interpret images or video. It encompasses a variety of technologies and software, hardware, and integrated systems. The increasing number of smartphones with more advanced features, such as Huawei’s P20 Pro, Apple’s iPhone X, and Google’s Pixel 3, are helping to drive this machine vision market, making it possible for the technology to be used directly on the device. Machine vision offers a range of applications in smartphones; some are experiencing an increase in application adoption due to the enablement of advanced cameras, image sensors, 3D sensing, security, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) chips.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Premium Range Smartphone OEM Strategies, Flexible Displays and 5G: A Triumvirate to Staunch the Declining Market?
- Mobile Devices, Features, and Technologies (Networks): Vendors, Trends, and Forecasts
- AI Chips in Smartphones Key to Boosting Machine Vision Adoption and Applications
- Smartphone OEMs Need to Review Strategies for 5G RFFE System Designs
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market