AI Chips in Smartphones Key to Boosting Machine Vision Adoption and Applications
Machine vision refers to a number of computer- and embedded-vision technologies, where visual systems scan, analyze, and interpret images or video. It encompasses a variety of technologies and software, hardware, and integrated systems. The increasing number of smartphones with more advanced features, such as Huawei’s P20 Pro, Apple’s iPhone X, and Google’s Pixel 3, are helping to drive this machine vision market, making it possible for the technology to be used directly on the device. Machine vision offers a range of applications in smartphones; some are experiencing an increase in application adoption due to the enablement of advanced cameras, image sensors, 3D sensing, security, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) chips.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Smartphones Move beyond the Hype at MWC 2019
- Fitbit Brings Wearables to the Masses with the Launch of Cheaper Devices
- eSIM In The Consumer & M2M Markets
- New Smartphone, Tablet, and Wearable Form Factors and Technologies
- Future Smartphone Market Set to Take a More Flexible Approach