Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?
A spate of Mobile Network Operator (MNO)-owned Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) are being established that are dedicated to offering Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity. They remove the unpredictability of roaming expenses through a “one Subscriber Identity Module (SIM), one platform, one price” strategy. This is nothing new, but what is new is doing so in a greatly simplified, startup-like, and Small to Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME)-friendly guise, emphasizing transparency and ease of engagement. Most notably, albeit not explicitly stated, is their simple goal of selling only connectivity, and not overcomplicating the issue with talk of applications, ecosystems, or end-to-end solutions. After all, we should walk before we can run. Are you an enterprise? Do you want IoT connectivity? Click here to switch it on.
To find out more about subscribing:
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules
- LPWA Network Technologies Outlook for 2019
- Latin America Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
- Can Electronics Distributors Become the Next Center of Gravity for IoT Solution Enablement?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators