Are 3GPP and the telecoms value chain relevant for enterprise verticals?
Deployments of 5G are starting to progress from discussion to reality, while Mobile Service Providers (MSPs) are still unclear where new revenues will come from. Surely there are discussions and aspirations for enterprise verticals that include transportation, healthcare, manufacturing, and smart cities, but no single MSP has announced—let alone deployed—a non-consumer business strategy that is not anchored in cellular connectivity. It is also not likely that 5G will revolutionize this domain in the first years of its deployment. MSPs can deploy these strategies today with 4G and the Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) but have not yet done so.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Economics: Where is the Industry Heading?
- Despite the Upcoming Data Demand Boom in India, 5G Will Appear Just After 2021
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Top US$1 Billion Again
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Clears Hurdle, as Huawei Is Shunned