ForeScout Acquires Industrial Cybersecurity Firm SecurityMatters
ForeScout Technologies, a U.S.-based firm focusing on cybersecurity since 2000, has been making a successful pivot to the Internet of Things (IoT) security space in the last few years. The firm just announced the acquisition of SecurityMatters for US$113 million. SecurityMatters is a European-based outfit that specializes in industrial cyber-resilience. Its flagship product, SilentDefense, provides security for Operational Technology (OT) networks, primarily in critical infrastructure industries such as electric power, oil and gas, water, chemicals, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and infrastructure.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update